Tuesday, October 19, 2004

randomness

I am feeling unfocused, so here are some random thoughts/events/images.
Number 1:
Overheard yesterday on campus, a guy walking past me and talking to a girl: "...and (mumble) will improve, and culture will improve..." What could improve culture, and how would you measure that improvement? I spent a while thinking about that. Culture can change, yes, and certainly I can envision a culture that I personally would prefer to right now, but the term "improve" still bugs me a bit. It seems that perceived improvement of culture would be a personal opinion, not a fact that could be measured. Not that all true things have to be factually measured to be true, but still. My perfect culture would be somebody else's nightmare.
Number 2:
Outside the gym where I go for yoga are two statues: A woman in flowing robes holding a book, and a naked man (with his genitalia nicely hidden by the tail of the belt that he is wearing to hold up his imaginary pants) holding a football that has wings and stepping on what I presume is a fallen opponent. Huh.
Number 3:
From the Kathy Acker book that I'm still not sure how I felt about but finished anyway:
Mr. Fuckface: "...Let them all kill themselves. We'll take their babies."
The capitalists lie down on the ground and make love to each other. That is the only sex we know nowadays.
Mr. Blowjob: "Our love is here to stay."

Now that is an image I have been unable to banish from my head since I read it. I would redeem myself from passing it on to you by posting a really hardcore picture of two drag kings kissing, but I'm not good with computers and can't figure out how to post it. I'm sure it's really easy, but whatever.


2 comments:

erica said...

yeah, i was gonna comment on the statues too...uh...yeah, that's some weird shit...
i'm glad you got a message thingie! Whee!
Email me and tell me how to make blogger do that :)
-erica

Anonymous said...

I love that the statue is wearing the stratigically-placed belt. I can just imagine that conversation, can't you? "So we want him to be naked, but we can't have a penis showing... I know! A belt!"
As far as adding comment ability, sign in, click on your blog's name, click on the "settings" tab, click on "comments" and switch it on. You can also change what it looks like and all sorts of other stuff!
Ammie