Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I now declare you perverted for the evening."

Look, I wrote something! A review of Holly Hughes' Preaching to the Perverted, plus a performance by my excellent friend Mugsie. And while you're there, check out the rest of Anna's posts; she's generally much funnier than I am.

"Back when I was a babydyke and still in the "everything queer is automatically awesome" stage, I bought my then-girlfriend a copy of Holly Hughes' Clit Notes: A Sapphic Sampler, which is a collection of the lesbian performance artist's early work. Other than that I enjoyed it, all I remember is thinking that The Well of Horniness was one of the best play titles I'd ever heard; most of the draw of the book in general came from its titles, really. "Clit?" I thought. "Count me in!""

2 comments:

annap said...

you rock. this was a very thoughtful review. funny schmunny. i hope you'll write more :)

Z said...

I laughed, I cried, and all of that good stuff. :P No seriously - you rock, and thanks for coming and writing this awesome review!