Friday, October 29, 2004

perplexed and soggy

So I've stayed up late doing laundry (I figured I wouldn't be able to sleep anyway and Anna's coming tomorrow and I wanted to wash my sheets), and have been outfoxed by the dryer. I'm not exactly a washing guru or anything, I mostly just stick things in and push the button, but I've never actually failed to at least end up with clean dry clothes at the end. Tonight, however, I put my clean wet clothes into the dryer and turned it on and went upstairs to clean my room. When I came back down, the door had fallen open and there were two minutes of time left. I let it finish, and when I opened the door, everything was just about exactly as wet as it had been when I put it in! What happened in the intervening 45 minutes that used up all the time but failed to dry anything? It's too late to do it again, and plus I'm out of change, so my closet is full of wet clothes. I also have no sheets, so I guess I'll be wrapping myself in the quilt for the night. Bah.

No comments: