Saturday, October 02, 2004

I perhaps spoke a little too optimistically in my last post. I was excited to start school, and I'm still happy with how I did on that audition. But in other ways, this has been a not very good week. I don't have very many classes, so I don't meet very many people, and in orchestra everybody is very clicky, it seems. Also, we have two hour rehearsals without breaks so the opportunity to meet people there is very small. I've tried going to meetings of a few groups on campus, and I'm trying to contact people in charge of community outreach etc. in some programs, but am having very little success so far. It's getting pretty cold for me to be walking around at night now, so I can't go out even if I had anyplace to go without paying a couple of bucks for transportation. Plus, I have a wicked cold right now, and I've felt all woozy and crappy for about three days. So, basically, it's a Saturday night, I'm here alone in my condo with no friends and no possibility of going anywhere, feeling very very alone and sniffly. I hope to god things get better. I refuse to believe that I am incapable of making friends, but at times like this I'm holding onto that by sheer faith, not by any recent factual evidence.

No comments: