Saturday, November 06, 2004

i am not just your issue

Anna told me yesterday that she went to a young democrats meeting in Tucson, and that some people were trying to say that they should back off on things like "the gay issue" to win voter support.
Fuck that. I am not just your issue to manipulate to win voters. Anybody who talks about that should be fucking slapped. We are all human, important, crucial for the sake of all of us. I want to give up everything to advocate this right of basic humanity. Even though I know I won't quite yet, just know that I am a person, not your fucking issue. I don't even want to get married, but damned if I want to be prevented from it if I did want it. Fuck that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, fuck that! I refuse to be treated like a second-class citizen! Maybe Martin Luther King should've just given up on Civil Rights b/c it wasn't "popular" or b/c the democrats want to "sway" more conservatives. Arg.
Anna