Saturday, January 21, 2006

I wash the windows outside in hopes that the glare will bring you around

I'm grumpy, because of the former post and because I'm grossly obsessive about music. I just feel very discontented with myself today. Anyway, so here's a song by my obsession, Tegan and Sara, which if it wasn't about love would be slightly more fitting but still seems to describe my mood a little bit.

"You Wouldn't Like Me"
there's a war inside of me
do I cause new heartbreak to write a new broken song
do I push it down or let it run me right into the ground
I feel like I wouldn't like me if I met me
well I can't stop talking for fear of listening to unwelcome sound
and you haven't called me in weeks and honestly it's bringing me down
I feel like I wouldn't like me if I met me
I feel like you wouldn't like me if you met me
and don't you worry there's still time
there's nothing to live for when I'm sleeping alone
and I wash the windows outside in hopes that the glare will bring you around
sunshine is days away I won't be saved I know all the words
I can't say that I'll love you forever
I won't say that I'll love you forever

No comments: