Monday, January 23, 2006

gah

After a bit of thought, I decided not to delete the last post. Hopefully I don't sound as crazy as I felt. I've been trying to think of a good analogy for non-music people as to why I was upset; in terms of inanimate objects, I think pehaps a laptop is the closest analogy in terms of price and personal stuff, but it really was more like I had left a child or a loved one alone to fend for themself. After the bar guy ran after me and gave me my viola back and I realized what I had done, I was actually hugging it because I felt so much that I had abandoned something important.
The last time I did this was in Tucson, when I was a sophomore. I played in the Tucson Symphony's young artist competition and just really fucked it up badly. I played my concerto and had a major memory slip and was just kind of angry about it, and I was supposed to drive to Sedona right after the competition was over so I could have a lesson there the next morning. I was so preoccupied by my total fuckuppedness that I left my viola there, and thank god my friend Devin picked it up for me. As it was I drove most of the way to Phoenix before I figured it out and had to turn around. I don't know that I can explain how horrible that realization is, that something that's supposed to be there just isn't. Ugh... Okay, I'm going to finish my coffee and attempt to move on.

No comments: