Monday, November 28, 2005

back into the fray

I knew this semester would bite me in the ass at some point. I had a written final (my first test since I got here) in pedagogy today, which was stupid because he gave us the exact test several weeks ago and I hate tests that are just regurgitated information. Also, only two people in the class finished the test, which to my mind means that the test was too damn long to be written in 50 minutes, and then he sent us all an email insinuating that nobody had finished because we weren't adequately prepared. Bullshit, I say.
I also just finished my playing final for my orchestra repertoire class. Every semester, the teacher almost makes me cry, and this was no exception. He always tells me that I play my parts as well as I am able but that, unfortunately, I essentially still suck a lot of ass in a lot of ways. He's not even mean about it really, in fact he's as nice as you can possibly be while imparting information like that, but he always belabors my stiff bow arm and my lackluster vibrato until I just feel like going into the bathroom and bursting into tears and then dropping out of school and working in a coffee shop for the rest of my life.
The only good thing is Anna's a lot better, and thank you to everybody who called or emailed or otherwise expressed their concern. She's still in recovery, but I'm not quite so worried that she'll end up in the hospital again.
I feel a bit better for venting. Off to another rehearsal!

No comments: