Tuesday, January 18, 2005

brrrrr

Man, I forgot how hard it is to actually do this music thing. I feel sooooo tired today. However, I managed to "keep my cool" in orch rep today, so I guess that's an improvement from last week anyway. I also read about 50 pages of theory on women's roles as singers and instrumentalists, and how they are accepted or rejected by audiences and male musicians depending on how they are presented in terms of traditional femininity. That was followed by 15 rather poorly written pages on the dearth of female electric rock guitarists. Did I mention that I love my music and gender class? I'm probably going to several drag king type events this week as "field research," how cool is that?
In other news, it finally got cold here. When I got home, it was supposedly about 3 degrees before windchill, -6 after. Damn. I get a headache every time I go outside, espeially if I don't have a scarf over my nose and mouth. (Luckily, Anna crocheted me a scarf for our anniversary, yay!) I was wondering what would induce people to live anywhere that you can get a headache just from going outside, but I suppose Tucson is the opposing example. Why live anywhere that it gets up into the 100's during the summer with no rain in sight? We should all just live in California, I guess.

No comments: