Monday, September 08, 2008

city streets are slick and wet/ smell like rain and gasoline

It's cold and rainy here today. Luckily, I don't have to go anywhere for the rest of the day; unluckily, I am being a lazy ass. I haven't yet practiced, which is practically criminal at nearly 4 PM a week away from an audition, but god... I feel deliciously lazy, sitting here drinking my coffee in my pajamas and petting my needy cat while the rain falls outside. I made some damn good chili for lunch, although I did have a kitchen panic moment when my fake chicken pieces started burning and sticking to the pan while I tried frantically and fruitlessly to get the pinto beans out of the can and into the pan to stop the coming conflagration. Eventually they plopped out, but not before I knocked my spatula out of the pan with my frantic can-shaking and sprayed rice all over the strip of linolium that constitutes my kitchen floor. I also have plans to make Pescado Veracruz for dinner, a yummy tilapia, tomato, and black olive dish that I tried to make Erica and Cassalyn while I was in Alaska-- sans recipe and, it turns out, with very little actual idea of what went into the dish other than those three things, but it was still delicious-- so that's exciting.
Today is one of those days where I feel compelled to write even though I don't really have anything to say. Oh, except this: check out my friend Rose-Anne's cooking blog in my links. That girl loves her some basil.

1 comment:

Rosiecat24 said...

You're too kind! I can't believe you added me to your link list! I shall return the compliment :-) Your blog is delicious reading.