Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy tofu day!

Whew, it's only 11:30 and I'm already all stressed. I decided to make vegetarian moussaka for Thanksgiving, which is basically a greek casserole layering baked breaded eggplant with a tempeh-white bean-tomato-mushroom filling and a bechamel sauce on top. It was fantastic the last time I made it, but it also took many hours to prepare. Every step takes so long, and you're trying to coordinate making all the different parts at once, plus today I'm trying to tidy up and shower and blah blah blah... Stress. But some friends are coming over tonight, and I finished the vegan pumpkin pie cheesecake yesterday, and by god I'm cooking at all, so there are many things to be thankful for :)

2 comments:

lauren said...

Wow, that sounds SO good! How did it turn out? I'm sure it was fabulous.

a said...

It was pretty good... I find that a lot of things are never as good as they were the first time I made them. But people seemed to enjoy it, and I had a lovely time seeing friends and eating good food.