Sunday, July 16, 2006

dancing queens

So work was bad, but not impossible. I spent five hours trying to get people to buy overpriced pictures of themselves in front of this giant captured German submarine. Afterwards, (and after my hour-and-a-half trip home) I basically collapsed. I forgot how tiring it was to do mindless customer service work!
But last night, we went over to a friend's house and had a super fun six-person queer dance party in the backyard! We got there around 9 and had a few beers, more people came, the music got turned up and people started grinding on each other. I managed, for perhaps the first time I can remember, to sustain the exact level of drunkenness where I'm still functioning but also still loosened up enough to want to dance for HOURS. We left finally at about 3:15, at which point we stopped at a 24-hour mexican place for a veggie burrito and then immediately caught a bus home (a small miracle). I had a ridiculously good time. And now, we're going out to breakfast. Hooray!

1 comment:

lauren said...

Yay! That's such a great follow up from your last blogpost. Sounds awesome. Envious = me. :o) Sorry I don't have anything deeper to say...