Monday, June 05, 2006

a prime piece of bullshit

"Ages of experience have taught us that the commitment of a husband and wife to love and to serve one another promotes the welfare of children and the stability of society," Bush said in his weekly radio address. "Government, by recognizing and protecting marriage, serves the interests of all."
I guess "all" means something different to him than it does to me. I am not particularly "for" gay marriage, by which I mean that I am as for it as I am for hetero marriage. The whole issue seems to be frequently used like a band-aid approach to fix things like immigration strictures and adoption issues, and frankly I understand the idea of marriage less and less the more I think about it. But to say that everybody's interests are served by denying rights (however gained) to a group of people is such an obvious load of crap.

No comments: