Wednesday, June 07, 2006

and another

When I got home on Tuesday and checked the mail, I was surprised to find an application for the National American Miss competition addressed to me. This was confusing not only because I fall outside of the age limits of the competition by a good four years (it's for girls ages 4-20) but because there isn't any way in hell I would ever do something like that even if I was still 16. Me in a pageant? Are you kidding me? The brochure is full of shiny happy teenage girls holding crowns and wearing poofy gowns. I will admit it's kind of fun but weird to imagine myself doing that. Even better, listen to this quote from the website: "The National American Miss pageants are dedicated to celebrating America’s greatness and encouraging its future leaders." That's me all over, huh? I always wonder how they get my name for stuff like this, what they thought sending it to me would accomplish. It seems like for something that has such a specific target audience you wouldn't just mass mail a bunch of people. But what do I know?

1 comment:

annap said...

but don't you want world peace?