Saturday, March 18, 2006

you better work!

I know I've said this many times before, but I really do love RuPaul. He's just so refreshing sometimes, you know? I just finished his autobiography, "Lettin It All Hang Out." It's amazing to me because sometimes he'll say some really inane thing and follow it with something really cutting and intelligent. It makes it kind of a weird read at times, but definitely entertaining. (You should really go to his website and listen to the song "Supermodel, where I got the title for this. It's hysterical!) Anyway, he seems kind of like a less focused Kate Bornstein to me, talking about certain aspects of gender in ways that are kind of more accessible to readers, and with that kind of campy humor evident.
The only other news really is that we're going to wig party tonight that some of Anna's Americorps friends are throwing. I have this long sparkly purple wig with bangs, and Anna has this short punky one which reminds me of David Bowie in "Labyrinth." It's a shame it's gotten cold again, we're pretty much planning on wearing pants there and then changing so we don't literally freeze our asses off.

No comments: