Thursday, March 30, 2006

hacking away the time

I'm still sick, and my cough is getting worse and worse instead of better. I can't sleep at night because I just cough and cough and cough, and at least once a day I get a headache from coughing so hard for so long. Plus now I'm at that point where I'm trying to cough but my lungs won't even engage enough to cough anything up, so I just end up making these weird fake-sounding cough noises that really sound more like I'm about to throw up. Lovely, huh?
The last few days have been pretty fun, though. My friend Jesse was visiting from Santa Cruz, and so we got to eat lots of good food (indian buffet, the Heartland, Sultan's Market, and the Heartland) and do some fun things. We also went out sans Jesse to go dancing at the Funky Buddha on Tuesday night (which didn't help my cough, I'm sure) and JD Sampson from Le Tigre was DJing. Good times.
But now, I have a headache, so I'm going to drink yet another cup of tea while I waste the last half hour before I head out to Civic.

2 comments:

erica said...

my god, i so need to visit, just for all the food! and i guess if i was there i'd talk to you guys too :)
feel better soon!!

Anonymous said...

it's always a party at our casa, fo sho.