Wednesday, October 19, 2005

still forsaken

Almost three weeks and still no internet. As a full-fledged email junkie, I feel like I'm in withdrawl :-) Plus we still don't know where lots of things are and it can be pretty challenging to, say, order pizza without the internet or a phonebook. But whatever. I just hope it returns soon.
No other real news, just still so busy I'm constantly learning pieces the day before they are supposed to be perfect. I keep hoping I'll catch up, but it seems doubtful. Lately I've felt kind of grey and bitter, like all this constant stress and work and never seeing Anna is taking all the heart out of me. I was accused twice last week of being mean or insensitive, which is perhaps some indication of how deeply changed I sometimes think I am from being here. But I'm holdinmg on, hoping I can regain some hint of enthusiasm even for something. I just don't have the energy particularly right now.
But, having said that, Gary Snyder rocks.

No comments: