Tuesday, October 04, 2005

the internet gods have forsaken us

The internet at my house has gone out, and may be gone for as much as a week more. Hence the lack of posting. I had my first moment of overwhelming panic yesterday, as I looked at a week in which I face a string bass test, a viola sectional for civic featuring a piece I can't yet play (even though I've performed it before, how lame is that), another civic rehearsal featuring entirely other music, my first civic concert, and unprepared school orchestra and quartet rehearsals. Plus Ann's going out of town for work on Thursday, missing a Sleater-Kinney concert that I now will have to attend alone. Bah. Not a fun look into the future, for sure.
Last weekend we volunteered at Anna's work, picking up trash in west town for about 2 1/2 hours early Saturday morning. I never truly realized how damn dirty this city is until I picked up some of its trash. It's an impossible task to get it all; we would clean a street, then walk down it and all I could see was the gobs and gobs of trash that we had missed. Still, I guess anything helps.
Anyway, off to learn another set of damn music.

No comments: