Saturday, April 30, 2005

haymarket

Well, tomorrow is May Day, but I don't think I'm going to be going to any of the rallies or anything. However, I did finally figure out where Haymarket Square is, at least I think, and I'm going to be downtown Wednesday for some stuff so I think I might try to go just visit it if I have time, just look around and think a little bit. I wish I was a bit more motivated to go tomorrow, but I'm really bad about attending things by myself and I just have lots of crap to do, as always. I don't know what all's going on anyway, except for a rally I think opposing this statue that everybody really dislikes, and an anrchist's picnic at some point.
In other news, I saw a nice drag show last night. They do a show at the end of every month that's amatures and legitimate Chicago Kings alternating, and this was the first one since I've been here. Very nice, I was a lot closer than normal and had a really good time. Next month Anna will be here, and it's a fetish theme, which will probably be pretty cool and interesting. I need to go shopping, though, for appropiate clothing ;-)

No comments: