Thursday, May 05, 2005

i knew cell phones were no good

I was riding a shuttle today, and the same crappy smooth jazz station that plays every day was on when I heard this super weird song. It was kind of that touchy-feely soulful songs that guys sing sometimes, hyper emotional voice wavers and everything. It started with him waking up in bed and someone kisses him but then he "opened my eyes and saw it wasn't you" and gets all upset. So he gets dressed, tells the woman he has to leave to return to his wife, and she says (here's where it started deviating a little) that he has to get in the closet because her husband is right outside the door. So he gets in the closet, and she and her husband start kissing and making out and clothes start coming off when his cell phone rings. He "reached down and turned it to vibrate" (big voice waver here), but it's too late. The husband searches all over the room, and comes up to the closet door, and... The song ended. No conclusion. I thought I heard the singer say something like "I reached down and grabbed my Beretta" which would not shock me too much in the context of this song, but I think I just misheard. So imagine all of that sung in hyper-overdone vocals and all. Very odd, I must say.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great story!

~ajb

erica said...

that sounds...completely surreal...wow. i can't imgaine what song that could be...is it the new breed of whiny lonely man music or something more classic?
and what's a Berretta?

erica said...

oh, i guess smooth jazz clarifies a bit...i missed that...still...

a said...

I believe a beretta is a type of gun? perhaps i spelled it wrong. and yes, it was quite surreal :-)