Wednesday, April 05, 2006

and... returned

Hey, thanks to all the people who wished me well on this ill-fated audition trip! Actually, it wasn't that bad, just it wasn't that good, either. I was late to my audition, in part because my friend gave me somewhat incorrect (not entirely wrong, just missing one step and with a west and east mixed up on one of the interstate merges) directions and in part because it was way early in the morning and I failed to correct mistakes even when looking at my map. Probably the crowning moment was when I pulled my friend's jeep over at a gas station to ask for directions and realized I had no idea how to get the key out of the ignition. I had to call her after several fruitless minutes of struggle.
Anyway, so eventually I got there about a half hour late. No biggie, as it turned out, except I missed the placement drawing so I automatically got scheduled last out of 23 people who showed up. You would think that if you had 23 people showing up for an audition, you would schedule them to show up throughout the day, wouldn't you? Or not. I got there at 9 and ended up playing at 1. Apparently this is kind of how it goes, as other people had stories of spending more than twelve hours at auditions! Blah. So by the time I played, I had pretty much exhausted my patience with the probably 2 1/2 pages of music that I would be playing, and then played them poorly anyway. It was kind of a letdown after all that waiting. And then I spent all day Tuesday reading on my friend's couch.
But now I'm back, and Anna's mom is coming into town tomorrow, so that should be fun. I should go to bed and recover from all the travel and such.

1 comment:

lauren said...

Ugh, that sounds like a really grey-cloud-over-your-head kind of day. But you seem to be taking it really well in any case! Hope that bed restores you!