Saturday, February 12, 2005

lag time

I just got the new Ani cd, Knuckle Down, from Anna for our one-year anniversary. Yay Ani! I've been revisiting my Ani obsession, probably in preparation for the concert in two weeks, so I'm excited to have something new to listen to along with all the old stuff. I like the cd pretty well at first listen, and I assume that in about six months I'll probably be obsessed with it. It seems like the old albums excite me immediately and I love them right away, but every successive new album has to sit for a while before I truly get excited about it. I wonder if that says something about the music or about me? Dunno. At any rate, I feel like by the time I'm an old lady I'm going to have a huge cd case full of nothing but Ani. She produces such an amazingly large amount of music, it will be interesting to see what the future holds. I mean, seriously, can you imagine how many cd's she'll eventually have if she keeps up the same production rates? Damn.

No comments: