Monday, February 21, 2005

???

I just saw an ad in my yahoo email account about Arizona, from the tourist council. It was all these slogans, like "There's sun all around. Soak it up." And pictures of men on horses riding around like cowboys. There were also lines about how there was "water all around" and "energy everywhere" which there are not really, certainly not as much as in other places probably. The water one particularly irked me. There was a picture of the Colorado and then a fucking fountain. And the energy is, if you want to get real technical and talk about power energy and not people energy, from a dam that filled a lovely canyon with silt. I know that's not what they meant, but that's certainly what I think of when they discuss water and energy in the same breath. What can I expect from the tourist council, really?

No comments: