Sunday, February 27, 2005

grinning like the proverbial fool

Last night was awesomely fun, full of Ani and drag kings and happy people. The Ani concert was actually mostly slow, somewhat depressing songs, and she kind of made fun of herself for that, saying things like "So here's another upbeat number..." but she encored with Little Plastic Castle so everybody seemed happy. The drag king show was pretty cool as well, involving a "carnival" atmosphere so there were snake dancers and contortionists and whips and things. I had this huge stupid smile on my face the whole night, I think I was in overload. It was also the best people-watching night ever, at both venues. Good times, in other words, were had.
I wrote down the Ani set list, so here it is:
Knuckle Down
Your next bold move
IQ
Swim
lagtime
napoleon (was fucking awesome, incredibly powerful and she sang a part with no guitar and it was just this amazing energy and anger and sorrow, my favorite piece I think)
? (a new song, presumably)
?
Margins (unrecorded song, but the lyrics are on the Danah site)
Two little girls
?
Parameters (described as "paranoia girl in the car on the way to being a joyful girl")
Welcome to
Clip Clop Clack (unspoken but printed-in-the-cd-booklet poem from Educated Guess)
Studying Stones
Manhole
Animal
Gravel
Little Plastic Castle (encore)

No comments: