Monday, June 09, 2008

nanny nanny boo boo

It's been a while since my Students Against Sweatshop days, but for those of you who remember all that this made my morning a little bit brighter.
Oh, and the Dominican Republic? It's a no go. I got an offer to be flown out to play in an orchestra; they would have paid for my tickets, my very nice hotel, my breakfasts, and given me a hundred dollars a day to rehearse and perform a bit for about five days. But alas, it was not to be this time. Happily, I'm not all that upset. I had actually already bought plane tickets for Flagstaff that same exact weekend, so now I get to hang out and hike, see an Ani concert (provided it's not sold out, I hope) and visit my parents and one remaining friend in the area. So while the Dominican Republic would have surely been an experience, I'm quite happy to be going home for the first time in almost a year.

No comments: