Wednesday, October 10, 2007

long time gone

So, it's been a while. The move was hellish; it involved us having to store all of our shit in the boiler room of the new building because the woman who lived in our new apartment didn't bother to either move all of her stuff or throw out what she didn't want. Which is okay if you're leaving, say, a fondue pot or a few coat hangers or something, but not if you're leaving significant amounts of stuff that will make the landlord not allow the new tenants to move in for two days, during which they will have to sleep on floors and try to keep their cats from having stress-induced heart attacks. Very fun.
But now we're in, and I still love the apartment and the area. And there's a big library with free wireless that I didn't know about fairly near, so maybe I'll actually be able to write more regularly and keep up with other people's lives.
I'm having some laundry issues today, so that's all for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a blogger blog now -- which I had to start because of a thing we are doing at the library. But yeah, I added yours to my links. ;)
Glad to hear that you are all moved in now. New libraries to explore (especially ones with free wi-fi) are excellent.