Saturday, September 10, 2005

sinking feeling

I went to my first quartet rehearsal, pre-school-starting, yesterday. It left me feeling really inadequate, which is something that I want to attempt to feel less frequently this year. Apparently, I'm not off to a good start. Something about this school just makes me feel unworthy, ungood, like I don't work hard enough or play well enough to really deserve to be there. It's kind of soul-deadening.
I also am being continually accosted by liberal groups trying to convince me to either give them money or volunteer, neither of which I really have to offer right now. They don't ever have anything you can sign, no petitions or statements of support or whatever, and if you tell them you have no money they just kind of walk away. It makes me feel like a bad person, but honestly I don't really want to give $8 a month to the HRC, even if I had the money.
We got up early this morning (early for us, so 10 am) to go to the nearby farmer's market and try to get basil, but it's really small and they didn't have any. So now I feel tired, disillusioned, and just kind of all-around crappy. It's the little things that just make me want to beat my head against something.

No comments: