Sunday, March 07, 2004

I'm back! I've actually been back for almost a week, but it's taken a while to get back to "normal" life. All of my auditions were okay, although I wouldn't deem any of them spectacular. So it goes, and no all I have to do is wait around for letters or big envelopes from everywhere.
I made pesto pizza with my friend Maria when I was at Yale. Pesto smells so unbearably good when you are making it, it's like the cooking equivalent of an orgasm. Anyway, I suggest putting this on pizza or pasta. If you go for pizza, it's good with tomatoes, olives (black or green), artichoke hearts, and feta if you eat cheese.

Pesto
2 1/2 cups fresh chopped pesto, tightly packed
2 large pressed or chopped garlic cloves
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, almonds or pine nuts
1/2 cup parmesan cheese or (if you're vegan) parmesan cheese substitute
1/2 cup olive oil
salt to taste

Just grind everything up in a food processor. It's easy! Then put it on pizza or put a big dollop on a plate of pasta and mix it up.
That said, I should note that these amounts are fairly arbitrary. Last time I made this, I just put stuff in until it looked good, and it worked fine. I suggest using LOTS of garlic, and I haven't tried using any nuts except pine nuts, but they're bloody expensive so feel free to experiment with a less pricey nut. And I highly, highly suggest chopping the basil and garlic by hand and inhaling deeply. I am positively smitten with this scent. Mmmmmm... Kitchen ecstasy.

No comments: